Boy, it is terrible weather for going outside today– which means it’s perfect weather for snuggling under a blanket and mainlining Netflix. What’s that you say? You’ve already burned through Son of Zorn and Speechless? You need something new to watch? You’re addicted to network TV now?
I got you, boo. This week’s recommendation is….
Wait for it….
iZOMBIEEEEEEEEEEE (and the crowd goes wild!).
iZombie is a CW show (you *know* how much I love the CW!) about Liv Moore, a doctor who gets changed into a zombie at a boat party in Seattle. When she eats brains, she has flashbacks from the life of the person whose brain she just snacked on. There’s a mystery-of-the-week element as well as a multi-season zombie conspiracy arc that involves, among other things, an energy drink called Max Rager. Amongst the many reasons you should spend your weekend with iZombie:
- It’s a dramedy. Who doesn’t love dramedies?
- It’s streaming on Netflix.
- The third season is premiering April 4th, so there’s fresh content to look forward to.
- Rob Thomas created it. As in, the dude who created Veronica Mars.
- It’s zombies but it’s funny.
- Max Rager. Ha!
- You get to stare at this guy a lot:
7. And this guy:
Yes, it can be gross at times. And yes, the mysteries of the week aren’t always so compelling. But the larger arcs are fantastic, the acting is good, and if you liked V Mars, then you should have reached for your remote like three paragraphs ago.