Happy Friday, y’all!
It has been awhile, and I am in good spirits, so I think it’s an appropriate time for an update on what’s going on with the humanbagels! There have been some real winners recently! As usual, the most promising material comes in response to the prompt, “I appreciate when my date….”
- ….”is very expressive and [has] an inspiring outlook on life…. a tremendous sense of humor and fiery wit that just draws energy to her!” That sounds… exhausting?
- …”Laughs at my jokes, has a better sense of direction than I do, can keep a conversation going forever.” LITERALLY FOREVER.
- There’s a whole vein of responses that tends to rub me the wrong way, because they’re not so much descriptions of good characteristics a dudebagel is looking for, but rather are backhanded complaints about womankind. Am I overthinking this or is this the sign of a douchebag? See, e.g,:
- …”has a sense of humor with a pinch of sarcasm, knows that she’s good looking (doesn’t equate to being bitchy)“
- …”is able to contribute meaningfully to the conversation, after all the point is to get to know each other”.
- Then there’s this poor schmuck: ….”naturally being herself, show normal human interactions and communicates.” Oof. Don’t you just feel bad for this guy? And also maybe a little afraid?
Finally, a response that I shall not comment upon, because it needs no improvement…. one gentleman likes a date who… “is Helvetica in the streets but wingdings in the sheets.” FTW!